Whilst we do offer MHFA and First Aid for Mental Health and a peer-to-peer wellbeing conversations course applicable to everyone, we believe that you should focus on managers first.
- Firstly, because managers are a key driver of employee wellbeing. Training your managers to have an empathetic conversation with members of their team who are struggling will enable those conversations about wellbeing to take place on a much more regular basis, as they often don’t because managers are afraid about saying the wrong thing.
- Secondly, because managers are rarely trained in their legal duties in this area and therefore rely very heavily on HR when it comes to dealing with employees who are struggling. A light touch understanding of the law and best practice in this area will not only increase the number of conversations but decrease the likelihood of you landing up in a tribunal.
MHFA was the first to provide the “first aid” principles which provides a certificate of attendance to all those who engage with the course. Over the last few years a range of new courses have come out which are qualifications – i.e where delegates understanding of the learning outcomes are checked against a series of questions.
We can deliver either course, but if you are a global organisation we recommend the First Aid for Mental Health course.
First Aid for Mental Health has been produced with Highfield Qualifications course and
- We can deliver globally (MHFA is only appropriate to the region it is delivered in)
- We tailor every course to include a role description as appropriate to you, further support available in your organisation, your logo, your values
- Boundaries of the role are also discussed – including considerations for a manager who is also an MHFAider
- Simple mnemonic ABC
We have run short webinars with 20,000 attendees and small group sessions of less than 10. We pick material and exercises and lengths of course appropriate to the audience understanding and the numbers, whether it is face to face or webinar delivery.
Every course with the exception of MHFA is tailored to you in certain aspects. We always promote your internal support, any other courses you have on offer in complementary subjects and can include any values you would like to be promoting
We can help with that. We can either run a session with your senior team, point you to resources to support your business case look at the levers which will work for you – e.g. safety performance or productivity or happy employees. In some organisations we suggest getting the conversation started in other parts of the organisation to create a ground swell of support.
Webinars deliver a different type of learning experience which is not better or worse than face to face, it is different. When we deliver a webinar the pace is strong, and interactivity is really high. We home in on the really key learning outcomes we want to deliver in that 90-minute session. We get consistent feedback that not only do people learn something new, but we also improve their mindset by always bringing them back to what they can control. Added this to the fact that you can dial in from anywhere globally and we do believe that training via webinar is here to stay.
We have optimised our courses for delivery through Zoom as we find the tools available there create the best learning experience for delegates. However, we also find WeBex to work very well and we can deliver via MS Teams or Google Hangout too.
We will deliver face to face where we can safely do so. Our rates for face to face delivery start at half a day and we do charge expenses for travel and hotels.